Date: 27th November 2019
Location: Squire Patton Boggs - No 1 Spinningfields 1 Hardman Square, Manchester M3 3EB
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Theme: People, Skills & Talent, Leadership & Mentoring
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
This half day workshop will cover the 5-6 key steps required in order to successfully complete a Succession Planning process. You will be taken through each step to create your own individual succession process.
You will have the opportunity to complete a personal succession plan workbook. The workbook which includes a step by step guide, tools and templates will allow you to take away an initial draft succession plan of your current needs, as well as the means to help you to further develop a plan and to determine your future needs.
Areas we will cover include:
Identifying Critical Roles
We’ll investigate how you successfully Identify which roles your organisation should target through its succession process.
- You will learn how to complete a comprehensive description of the Knowledge, Skills and Activities (KSA’s) for the current and future organisation needs in a given succession role.
- How to determine not just the most suitable candidates for a succession process, but also understanding their readiness and ability to carry out the transition.
- Succession Planning is a dynamic process – as organisational needs change, the Succession Process must evolve as well. Any succession planning process should incorporate an objective assessment to measure the on-going talent profile of each candidate’s current vs future needs and in so doing identify any gaps to target through future development.
- You will be shown how to create a development plan that will help potential successors identify and close skill and experience gaps in order to progress in their readiness to fill the future role needs.
- An important but often overlooked step of Succession Planning is to measure the success of your programme. This will help you to demonstrate the value of your plan on an ongoing basis and the impact it has on meeting / delivering the organisation’s strategic objectives, and by so doing increase the value of the business.
- You will learn how to determine both what to measure and when.
This Workshop will be delivered by Jaan Scott
Jaan Scott has undertaken assignments supporting growth initiatives and change management practices in both the Private and Public Sector. Operating from his consultancy firm as a business adviser and mentor he has guided companies and individuals on best practice succession planning targeted at achieving increased business value. Jaan offers straight forward, pragmatic approaches to the challenge of succession covering business expansion, restructuring as well as bespoke support designed to assist leadership in specialist projects such as exit.