Have you recently started your business and want to consolidate and explore moving to the next level? This Start Smart workshop will help you gain insight into the basics all businesses should have in place, as well as hints, tips and ideas of how to move your business forward. You will have the opportunity to gain valuable insights from other new business owners including challenges and strategies they have used to overcome these.
This two-day event will cover:
- What is in your business name and brand?
- Legal & Regulatory requirements
- Insurance, the considerations
Market Research and Marketing:
- Market research - assess threats and opportunities for your business
- Profiling your customers and its importance
- Search Engine recommendations and Social Media
Costs, Finance Sources, Tax and VAT:
- Business costs and employing staff
- Premises/Business location
- Sources of Finance and Tax - doing the right thing with HMRC
Cash Flow, Costs, Breakeven and Pricing:
- Cash Flow Management
- Financial Terms, what does it all mean
- Costs, breakeven and Pricing
This workshop is delivered by Start Smart Advisors, who have a wealth of experience supporting individuals to start and grow businesses:
Caroline has over 12 years’ experience in supporting early stage businesses to start and grow. She assists businesses with devising strategies around financial planning, market positioning and promotion. Caroline is passionate about fostering confidence and tenacity in business owners so that they can build their businesses with knowledge and insight of the latest digital platforms and marketing techniques. Qualified in Business Marketing, Finance and Management, she has assisted family members in running enterprises throughout her life and has run her own content marketing consultancy and café in the Scottish Highlands, so understands the highs and lows of self-employment.
This workshop consists of four modules over a two-day session. To register for the full two-day programme, please use the registration form on this page. To attend individual modules, please register using the links below:
Market Research and Marketing
Costs, Finance Sources, Tax and VAT
Cash Flow, Costs, Breakeven and Pricing
Where is it?