Date: 2nd May 2019
Location: The Workplace, 56 Oxford Street, Manchester M1 6EU
Time: 9:30am - 11:30am
Theme: Sustainability, Innovation
Businesses and manufacturers to pay the full cost of recycling and disposal of their packaging waste.
UK packaging policy and costs are changing. Under the government’s Resource and Waste Strategy announced in 2018, businesses and manufacturers will be required to take greater responsibility for their packaging waste. In addition, new bans and taxes are proposed for plastic packaging.
- Do you know what your packaging responsibilities are?
- How will your business react to these policy changes and extra costs?
- Are you under pressure from clients and considering switching from plastic packaging to alternatives?
- Have you considered the environmental impact of your packaging?
As a small business, any unexpected rise in costs or changes in legislation can be a shock, but this two-hour seminar will help you to future proof your business by making the right decisions now.
This packaging seminar will provide:
- Guidance and top-tips for your business’ packaging to be ‘right first time’
- Best practice guidance to help your business understand the different types of packaging and the pros and cons of different material choices out there on the market (including compostable and biodegradable packaging)
- Help to understand how current and new legislation could affect you and your bottom line
You will benefit from:
- How to capitalise on current packaging trends
- Reduce compliance risk and operating costs
- Opening new avenues for marketing and brand development
This two-hour seminar will be run by Mark Hilton from Eunomia Consulting Ltd, who has over 35 years’ experience in industry and environmental consultancy. He specialises in resource efficiency, circular economy, sustainable procurement, producer responsibility, eco-design and environmental training and behaviour change.