Date: 11th September 2018
Location: Space Interactive Media Labs 6th floor, The Landing, Blue, MediaCityUK, M50 2ST
Time: 10:30am - 5:30pm
Theme: Digital & Technology
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
The workshop will provide an insight for SMEs into the risks and the potential consequences of cyber-attack, an overview of management processes and hardware/software that can be introduced in order to manage risk, resilience and disaster recovery.
The workshop will enable delegates to:-
- Understand and take away practical understanding and implementation of cyber policies to help identify vulnerabilities within their environment.
- Apply common sense to known industry leading issues and create their own pro-active security practices.
- Be able to understand the most relevant facets of cyber security from a top level approach.
- Be able to identify a cyber risk and react accordingly.
- Be able to implement a basic level of disaster recovery
Who is it for? The workshop is aimed at those with more advanced technical knowledge. It may be of interest to people such as (but not limited to): business owners, technical practitioners, IT support, Information Security Managers, iSOC Managers. If you are non-technical (or want a refresher), we'd recommend you attend our one-day Scaling Tech workshop first, as this will give you an introduction to the concepts needed to make the most of the Cyber Security workshop.
This programme is fully funded by the European Regional Development Fund.
Please note that we can accept 1 application per eligible company. Eligibility criteria are:
- Annual turnover less than €50 million
- Balance sheet less than €43 million
- No other organisation may own more than 25% of the SME
- Greater Manchester Based
- 250 employees or less
- Company must not have attended another fully-funded 12 hour workshop programme provided by The Landing
Please drop us a message if you are unsure whether you fit the eligibility criteria.