Date: 20th June 2018
Location: Holiday Inn Bolton Central - 1 Higher Bridge Street, Bolton BL1 2EW
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Theme: Open new markets & Export, Business Strategy, Digital & Technology
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
A new specialist retail programme has been developed and will show you how to grow your business-to-consumer business by:
- Understanding the latest research and trends in how customers behave now, and learning how to make the most of this to retain and delight customers both here and overseas
- Exploring how to make the use of digital tools and marketing techniques to acquire profitable customers
- Using retail specific approaches like pop-up shops, EPOS, stock control and flash sales
- Building strong relationships with partners, staff and communities to position your business for growth
- Developing robust growth strategies and monitoring approaches to increase your turnover and margins.
- With an introductory session to the E-Exporting support programme from the DIT. Offering an overview of how to begin selling products online through multiple channels. Including best methods to internationalise your online webstore, identifying global emarketplaces for your products, and managing logistics and fulfilment.
- Demonstrating best practice for protecting your brand online, aspects of digital marketing and driving traffic to your website, as well as how to form a structure
This course has been developed by a team of retail and business-to-consumer specialists who between them have:
- Worked as consultants supporting growth at brands including: Virgin, Sainsbury’s, WH Smith, and Volkswagen
- Launched and grown their own multi-million-pound retail business in 2 years, starting on a market-stall
- Worked for major retail brands including Tesco, BT, O2 and Skipton Building Society
- Managed successful restaurants and retail brands
- Supported hundreds of small business-to-consumer businesses to grow, thrive and survive.
- Specialist in Selling Overseas/E-Commerce skills and experience
Who should attend?
If your retail (B2C) business is looking to grow and you are likely to create at least one job in the next 6-12 months you may be eligible for a fully-funded place on this programme. Please contact to find out more.
Please note that this is a Programme of Events and full commitment to both sessions is required. There is no charge for this programme.
Kate Carney is the voice, eyes and ears of your customers. She can quickly put herself in your customers shoes to give a perspective that it’s hard to get when you’re busy building your business. Kate has worked in retail business in roles including shop floor, customer experience and strategic marketing for household names. An expert in all things growth, marketing, innovation and customer Kate will guide you through this exciting programme with bags of energy, insight, ideas and experience.
Karl Susol initiated the Department for International Trade (D.I.T)’s E-exporting Programme for the Northwest in 2014, which was primarily designed to help Northwest based SME’s grow their online business overseas and also via e-marketplaces. Karl leads on the Retail & Ecommerce sector on behalf of the region and has delivered a series of workshops and webinars on the benefits of selling online internationally. He is passionate about supporting the growth of Northwest businesses in all aspects of their international ecommerce journey.
Joseph Darwen has over 15 years experience in tech & digital Joe delivers across the North West as part of DIT’s E-Exporting programme, supporting UK businesses to trade overseas, internationalising their Ecommerce and multichannel strategy. Working both public and private sector, he has a proven track record in web development, digital marketing, brand strategy and consultancy, for companies ranging from SME to Plc.
This programme is made up of two full day sessions covering:
Day One -Customer Service, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Selling Overseas/E-Commerce techniques
Day Two - Growth Strategies, Pitching & modern conventional Marketing, Partners & Supply Chain