Date: 13th June 2018
Location: Holiday Inn Bolton Central - 1 Higher Bridge Street, Bolton BL1 2EW
Time: 9:30am - 4:00pm
Theme: Open new markets & Export, Business Strategy, Digital & Technology
Our new specialist retail programme will show you how to grow your business-to-consumer business by:
- Understanding the latest research and trends in how customers behave now, and learning how to make the most of this to retain and delight customers both here and overseas
- Exploring how to make the use of digital tools and marketing techniques to acquire profitable customers
- Using retail specific approaches like pop-up shops, EPOS, stock control and flash sales
- Building strong relationships with partners, staff and communities to position your business for growth
- Developing robust growth strategies and monitoring approaches to increase your turnover and margins.
- Introducing the E-Exporting support programme from the DIT. Offering an overview of how to begin selling products online through multiple channels. Including best methods to internationalise your website, identifying global emarketplaces for your products, and managing logistics and fulfilment.
- Demonstrating best practice for protecting your brand online, aspects of digital marketing and driving traffic to your website, as well as how to form a structured pre-flight checklist
This course has been developed by a team of retail and business-to-consumer specialists who between them have:
•Worked as consultants supporting growth at brands including: Virgin, Sainsbury’s, WH Smith and Volkswagen
•Launched and grown their own multi-million-pound retail business in two years, starting on a market-stall
•Worked for major retail brands including Tesco, BT, O2 and Skipton Building Society
•Managed successful restaurants and retail brands
•Supported hundreds of small business-to-consumer businesses to grow, thrive and survive.
•Specialist in selling overseas/e-commerce skills
Who should attend?
If your retail (B2C) business is looking to grow and you are likely to create at least one job in the next 6-12 months you may be eligible for a fully-funded place on this programme. Please contact us to find out more.
Kate Carney is the voice, eyes and ears of your customers. She can quickly put herself in your customers shoes to give a perspective that is hard to get when you’re busy building your business. Kate has worked in retail business in roles including shop floor, customer experience and strategic marketing for household names. An expert in all things growth, marketing, innovation and customer Kate will guide you through this exciting programme with bags of energy, insight, ideas and experience.
Karl Susol initiated the Department for International Trade (D.I.T)’s E-exporting Programme for the North West in 2014, which was primarily designed to help North West based SMEs grow their online business overseas and also via e-marketplaces. Karl leads on the retail and e-commerce sector on behalf of the region and has delivered a series of workshops and webinars on the benefits of selling online internationally. He is passionate about supporting the growth of Northwest businesses in all aspects of their international ecommerce journey.
Joseph Darwen has over 15 years experience in tech and delivers across the North West as part of DIT’s E-Exporting programme, supporting UK businesses to trade overseas, internationalising their e-commerce and multichannel strategy. Working both public and private sector, he has a proven track record in web development, digital marketing, brand strategy and consultancy, for companies ranging from SME to Plc.
When and where?
Holiday Inn Bolton Central - 1 Higher Bridge Street, Bolton BL1 2EW
On 13 June & 20 June 2018 9.30am – 4.00pm
Please note that this is a Programme of Events and full commitment to both sessions is required. There is no charge for this programme.
This programme is made up of two full-day sessions covering:
Customer Service, Digital Marketing, Social Media, Selling Overseas/E-Commerce techniques
Growth Strategies, Pitching & modern conventional Marketing, Partners & Supply Chain