Date: 13th March 2018
Location: The Fusilier Museum, Moss Street, Bury, BL9 0DF
Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Theme: Operational efficiency, Business Strategy, Digital & Technology, Start a business, Leadership & Mentoring
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
The UK has committed to the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the new law will impose significant new data protection compliance obligations, fines and exposure to compensation claims from individuals whose rights have been breached.
By attending this course, ran in partnership with Bury Council, you will gain a good understanding of the changes in data protection law imposed by the GDPR and how to take practical steps to respond and manage the risks, both in terms of procedures for legal compliance and IT security systems.
- The data protection principles
- How to handle data including data security and confidentiality
- How to handle employee data
- Individual rights and how to deal with a subject access request
- Contracts with data processors and sub-contractors
- Direct marketing
- The role of the Data Protection Officer
- How to manage breaches of the DPA and the recording of those breaches
- Real life scenarios
Please note, priority to attend this event will be given to Bury companies.