Date: 3rd October 2017
Location: Warren Bruce Court, Warren Bruce Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1LB
Time: 8:30am - 12:30pm
Theme: Sustainability, Operational efficiency, Access to finance, Business Strategy
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
Find out about grants available for energy efficiency upgrades and learn from industry experts how to develop a comprehensive business case for implementing energy efficiency and renewable generation measures.
This masterclass will provide you with the knowledge to quantify the benefits of installing energy efficient equipment or renewable energy technologies, and take you through the various financing options and incentives that are currently available.
By having a strong business case you can demonstrate your commitment to reducing your environmental impact and have an understanding of the wider benefits this will have on your business.
You will benefit from:
- Cost savings through efficiency improvements.
- Reduced carbon footprint.
- Increased capacity, business growth and asset value.
- Future-proofing your business from market volatility.
Delegates will leave with:
- Knowledge to develop a business case including how to identify suitable measures, the operational benefits and quantification of savings.
- An understanding of the key drivers for energy efficiency, possible risks to the business from inaction and how to identify the opportunities and benefits of taking action.
- An understanding of the different approaches to calculating benefits including IRR, NPV, simple payback, operating costs and maintenance costs.
- Knowledge of different financing options and incentives that are currently available for investing in energy efficient and renewable technologies including where to find funding support, their criteria and how to apply.
Welcome & Introduction
Section 1 - Making the Business Case for Energy Efficiency
- Key drivers for business to make energy savings.
- The benefits to a business in implementing energy savings.
- Defining the requirements of a business case.
Section 2 - Financing Your Energy Efficiency Project
- How to quantify the costs and benefits of a project.
- Overview of different approaches to calculating the benefits, (IRR, NPV, Simple Payback, operating costs, maintenance costs etc.).
- Overview of different funding options - loans, grants, discounts, lease purchasing, pay as you save schemes, taxes and tariffs.
Section 3 – Presenting the Case
- Practicalities of presenting the business case.
- How to gain support to get the “YES”.
Guest Speakers from the Carbon Trust and Transport for Greater Manchester
Grants available from the Business Growth Hub
Advisor Advice Drop-In and Networking