Date: 14th September 2017
Location: Charles Hallé room, The Bridgewater Hall, Lower Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3WS
Time: 10:30am - 11:30am
Theme: Innovation, Digital & Technology, Business Strategy
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR VENTUREFEST AND THE BREAKOUT SESSIONS HAS NOW CLOSED. IF YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO ATTEND THIS SESSION, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SIGN UP AT THE EVENT ON THE DAY (SUBJECT TO DEMAND).
This session is a part of Venturefest 2017.
Innovate UK is to invest up to £15m* in innovative projects in Emerging and Enabling Technologies and up to £10m for KTP.
This briefing event will provide further details on the funding such as timescales, eligibility criteria, and explain the application process.
Technologies within 'Emerging and Enabling Technologies' include:
- Emerging technologies*: defined as technologies that are progressing in, or have recently emerged from, the research base.
- Digital*: such as Cyber security and the internet of things,
- Enabling technologies*: such as Electronics, Sensors and Photonics (ESP) & Robotics and Autonomous Systems.
- Space Applications*
Applying these Technologies across ALL Sectors the aim is to increase competitiveness for UK small and medium sized enterprises.
*The Scope for this competition has yet to be confirmed, but is likely to be similar to the second round of funding. Details will be available at https://www.gov.uk/apply-funding-innovation when the competition opens on 4th September 2017.
This event will benefit businesses of all sizes (micro, small, medium and large) as well as academics, researchers and local authorities.
- 13th Sept, Cardiff – organised by Welsh Government
- 14th Sept, Manchester – session at Venturefest Manchester
- 19th Sept, Belfast – organised by Invest Northern Ireland
- 21st Sept, Glasgow – supported by Technology Scotlan