Date: 14th September 2017
Location: Charles Hallé room, The Bridgewater Hall, Lower Mosley Street, Manchester, M2 3WS
Time: 8:30am - 9:15am
Theme: Innovation, Business Strategy, Digital & Technology, People, Skills & Talent
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
PRE-REGISTRATION FOR VENTUREFEST AND THE BREAKOUT SESSIONS HAS NOW CLOSED. IF YOU WOULD STILL LIKE TO ATTEND THIS SESSION, YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SIGN UP AT THE EVENT ON THE DAY (SUBJECT TO DEMAND).
This session is a part of Venturefest 2017.
Helping companies achieve their growth aspirations through the implementation of new ideas and technology is at the heart of the support provided by Greater Manchester Universities. The event will outline various engagement points, benefits and tips for developing a successful partnership.
This session is aimed at Small to Medium Enterprises (SME’s) with capacity and ambition for high growth, who want to know more about collaboration or accessing the support and expertise within the Greater Manchester Universities.
It is an opportunity for high tech and/or innovative businesses to learn about:
- The innovation landscape across the GM Universities,
- The mechanisms for engagement,
- How to select the right academic partner - there are over 9,000 academics across 4 GM Universities,
- How to access world class laboratory and testing facilities,
- Funding opportunities,
- Receive information and contacts to facilitate future interactions,
Successful examples of industry university collaboration will be presented and practical guidance on how to engage with Universities will be given.
Benefits of attending:
- Meet dedicated Business Support Staff that work in each GM University who can facilitate introductions into careers service, academic schools and support services,
- Hear from businesses that have benefitted from collaborating with a University,
- Learn about funding programmes that support and co-finance collaboration,
- Take away tips to strengthen the partnership between universities and business as well as examples of good practice for effective collaboration,
- Network with other innovative businesses