Date: 12th February 2016
Location: Performance Space, Oldham Libary, Cultural Quarter, Greaves St, Oldham, OL1 1AL
Time: 8:00am - 10:30am
Theme: Business Strategy, Open new markets & Export, Start a business
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
This event is an interactive session with employers, supported employment agencies and partners to share good practice and explore how we can work together to identify and address the barriers to employment for adults with disabilities or health conditions. Oldham Council has access to a small pot of funding to develop this agenda locally and building on existing networks, is keen to work together to increase employment opportunities and make employment accessible.
Workshops could include
- Are there any access issues that you would require support with? If so, what are they?
- Are there any perceived capability or capacity issue in employing someone with a disability or learning difficulty?
- Do you feel that there is going to be an absence issue? If so, why?
- As employers, do we have communication skills that we need to develop to meet the needs of employees with disabilities?
The event will be opened by Debbie Abrahams MP (Shadow Minister for Disabled People).
8.00am - Registration and Refreshments
8.20am - Welcome & Introduction (Debbie Abrahams MP Shadow Minister for Disabled People)
Setting the scene with national and local picture
8.30am - What we are doing to develop our Recruitment process (Oldham Council – (Paul Dernley / Sarah Bell)
8.40am - Case study (Employer & Employee) x 2
9.00am - Systematic Training Activity (Remploy)
9.15am - Access to Work – Guidance & Entitlement (Pure Innovation)
9.30am - Barriers discussion groups– 4 discussions group
9.55am - OBLG Active Workforce Programme
10.05am - Way Forward
- GOW initiative( Traineeships, Apprenticeships and recruitment support)
- Pledge Cards
10.20 - Close (Cllr Stretton - OMBC Council Leader or Cllr Akhtar - Cabinet Member for Employment and Enterprise)