Driving Sustainable Growth is a series of three half-day workshops, designed specifically for SMEs seeking contracts with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM).
Are you taking full advantage of the opportunities to win contracts with public sector companies?
GC Business Growth Hub has partnered with TfGM to run a series of fully-funded workshops to boost your environmental credentials. The record of you successfully completing the programme can then be used on future tender applications.
*Certain eligibility criteria apply
The belief amongst many SME’s is that they don’t have a chance winning public sector contracts when they go up against the bigger market competitors. Although they don’t have the firepower of the bigger companies, there is one area that really helps to differentiate their bids that will make a huge difference to the success rate.
Many businesses aren’t aware that a key deciding factor for a successful bid with public bodies is their environmental credentials. This plays a big factor in the decisions to award contracts. As an example, Manchester City Council counts the social value of a company as around a quarter of the overall score on tender bids.
Developing an Effective Environmental Policy Statement
To help you identify and understand your environmental impacts and performance, with a view to creating and implementing an environmental policy statement and managing ongoing improvements.
- Develop an understanding of the environmental issues relevant to the core business and wider issues such as risk, legal compliance and stakeholder values
- Learn practical steps to create and implement an environmental policy statement
- Discover how to use environmental credentials and policy statements to create additional business opportunities
Motivating an Energy Efficient Workforce
To give companies a clear understanding of the value that can be gained from a positive workforce that is focused on driving down energy consumption. Providing useful methods of engaging with staff which are low cost and can be embedded into existing business practices and sustained over time.
- Have an understanding of how to implement staff engagement programmes using different communication channels.
- Be able to develop regular staff engagement materials, maintain staff motivation and manage resistant staff.
- Be able to develop, and sustain, a programme of culture change throughout the business.
Making the Business Case and Financing Your Investment Projects
To provide companies with the knowledge to develop a comprehensive business case for implementing energy saving opportunities which require capital investment.
- Have the knowledge to develop a business case - identification of suitable measures, the operational benefits and quantification of savings.
- Have knowledge of different financing options and incentives that are currently available for investing in energy efficient and renewable technologies.
This programme has now taken place. For more information, please contact us here.
*To be eligible to attend the workshops, your business must be an SME based in Greater Manchester and trade business to business (B2B).