GC Business Growth Hub and Greater Manchester Combined Authority (GMCA) have partnered with the technology services division of Manchester-based THG, a global technology platform, to launch Greater Manchester Digital Drive.
Greater Manchester’s Digital Drive is a new fully-funded initiative which provides businesses with free access to “off the shelf” tools to help them get their business online for the first time or improve their existing digital offer. It has been developed in response to the challenging trading conditions many businesses now find themselves in and aims to help businesses diversify their offering and digitalise by creating a high-quality website quickly and efficiently.
The service is available until the end of February 2021 and is open to any GM based business. Its offers the opportunity to create a website via THG Ingenuity's Dotable platform and have this hosted free of charge, for up to 12 months.
THG Ingenuity will continue to provide technical support and guidance for businesses that have signed up and after the free period, businesses can then choose to continue with a paid subscription, or leave the contract. There is no obligation to remain on the service.
What are the benefits to my business?
- Launching, a business website, can be a daunting step. The Greater Manchester Digital Drive aims to both simplify the process and help you get your business online quickly and effectively.
- You can create and trial an online presence for up to 12 months with zero investment.
- You will have the potential to expand your current reach and tap into new markets and consumer groups, both nationally and internationally.
- You can transform customer experiences and improve satisfaction levels whilst gaining more insight from customer data.
- Recently digital transformation has had to happen at a pace never seen before. As we remain in a period of uncertainty, business diversification is more important than ever. GM Digital Drive has been set-up to help guide you through the process of digitalisation in a simple step-by-step manner.
Create your Business Website with Dotable
Dotable's simple, three-step process enables you to take your first step to move your business online and test an online presence with your own bespoke URL, all hosted free of charge for up to 12 months, with no further commitment after 12 months.
Speak to a Hub Advisor
Are you interested in the service but not sure if it is right for you? Talk to a Hub advisor to find out more about the GM Digital Drive offer and the other ways that the Hub can support you.
Find out more about the GM Digital Drive Partnership
The Greater Manchester Digital Drive is a partnership between GC Business Growth Hub and The Hut Group and is supported by the Greater Manchester Combined Authority.
The Digital Drive offer adds to the Hub's existing package of support which has been developed in response to COVID-19 pandemic and includes a full range of resources and guidance for businesses to ensure they feel supported and are prepared in response to the Coronavirus outbreak. You can see more of the Hub's Coronavirus business support here.
The Greater Manchester Digital Drive supports the ambitions of the region to digitally enable all businesses and empower and enable people and businesses through innovation, integration, infrastructure, industry and inclusion – to ensure that no-one is left behind.
You can find out more about Greater Manchester's Digital Strategy here.