‘Business on the Go’ is a tailored programme aimed at supporting Greater Manchester based SME businesses. This fully funded programme is ideally suited to businesses situated within the eCommerce, retail/wholesale, fashion, lifestyle and consultancy service sectors.
We make it our responsibility to encourage businesses to manage themselves whilst ‘on the go’ and working remotely, from their mobiles/tablets/laptops with appropriate tools, data, dashboards and more.
This exciting programme will be delivered from May 18th to June 15th 2022, (7 workshops in total over 4 days, 24 hours total) in Central Manchester and will cover a range of topics from business strategy, digital marketing, sustainability through to finance, identifying USPs and competitive advantages.
Our interactive and engaging workshop sessions will encourage collaborative working, as well as providing an opportunity to learn from other budding entrepreneurs.
Upon providing your details, our experienced advisors will also be on hand to offer intensive one-to-one tailored support, helping you to develop your skills and build your business the right way.
As well as covering the basics of business, this fully funded programme will equip you to:
- Create an actionable marketing strategy, tailored to your business: covering digital and other forms of promotion.
- Carry out a deep dive of your business model, allowing you to create a bespoke growth strategy.
- Focus on your brand and develop the right 'image' for you and your business.
Day 1: 18th May
Workshop 1: Business Strategy 4 Growth (09:30-16:30)
- Customer segments – the importance of profiling, who is your customer and what are the core ‘characteristics’ to consider.
- Customer relationships (Prospecting)
- Channels/Distribution Channels
- Revenue streams
- Cost structure
- Key resources & partners
- Growth Strategies and vision – implications on business model
- Core metrics – focused and aligned for growth: interdependence of metrics
Day 2: 25th May
Workshop 2: Demystifying Sustainability and Ethical Business (09:30 - 12:30)
- Moving away from ethical/sustainable as a buzz word to genuine impact (Avoiding “Green Washing”)
- B Corp influence and accreditation
- Circular Sourcing
- Unintended consequences/ impacts of getting sustainability wrong – the need to look at the whole business model and cycle: (how failure to look at a certain aspect of the business could cause unintended environmental/ social damage)
- Reputational Damage
Day 2: 25th May
Workshop3: Unique Selling Propositions & Competitive Advantages (13:30 – 16:30)
- How is your business Unique
- What are your competitive advantages (& how are these delivered)
- Importance and relevance of Story telling to get the point across and make it relatable
- E-Scooter case study
Day 3: 8th June
Workshop 4: All Things Finance (09:30 – 12:30)
- Cash Flow/Profit-Loss-Breakeven(Differentials in Business Planning/Accounting to maximise and optimise profits)
- Margin calculator
- Pricing(Greatest Profit lever)
- Digital Accounting/Dashboards and tools for Forecasting/Operations etc
Day 3: 8th June
Workshop 5: Maximising Online Digital Presence and Sales (13:30 – 16:30)
- How to Maximise Brand Awareness (Key challenge)
- Traffic driving activities
- Target markets and consumers (Building a following) – linked to business model
- Maximising return on investment(ROI/ROA) through monitoring effectiveness and conversions
Day 4: 15th June
Workshop 6: The Importance of Storytelling (09:30 – 12:30)
Good stories are easy to understand. They're also told in a language that matches the way the intended audience communicates, so they don't need to spend time interpreting and then absorbing. Simplicity also aides in memorability, because the overall lesson is easy to grasp.
Story telling is softer and more relatable way of “Selling” an idea, a service, product or even yourself, this is a more palatable and subtle way of helping people buy rather than to try and overtly hard sell.
Day 4: 15th June
Workshop 7: Meet the Founders (13:30-16:30)
An opportunity to hear from founders of established online retail businesses, understand their journey and ask questions about what they’ve learned.
This programme of support is for Greater Manchester-based SME online, retail, wholesale businesses that have been trading for up to three years.
Note: attendance at all sessions is mandatory for completion of the programme
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED!
“I think it was a really insightful course, it provided me with practical tools (margin calculation, canvas) which I use regularly, definitely is the beginning of some strong collaborations with peers in the group and helped me identify where there is opportunity to further support small brands. I think it made me more convinced that following (B Corp) people, profit, planet was the right thing for me and was fundamental to how I see the future of business.”Jo Czutkowna - Founder, I went shopping today
"BOTG has been brilliant. Although we’re all super busy, it opened an opportunity for collaboration within the group which I think is a great route forward for new and growing businesses that are struggling with budget. In addition the open dialogue and probing thinking required for the workshops was invaluable and encouraged lateral thinking around each business that wouldn’t have happened without the workshops."Jamilah Bruce - Founder Stardust and Steel
“Chris Bate has been amazing highly skilled. I feel humbled by his industry knowledge."Nicholas Jones - ET&F
Meet the Founders Session:Joie Alsono - Sophie Summer Ltd
“Absolutely love this session! Very inspiring. I feel more confident than when I walked in today. It’s nice to know that anything is possible. Thank you very much for organising”.
Paint your Canvas workshop:Joie Alonso - Sophie Summer Ltd
“Thank you so much! The exercise has streamlined my business model. Love the interaction & immediate feedback for everyone”
“I would highly recommend the BOTG workshop to any small business as it was not only massively informative but also encouraged me to look at my business from new points of view which gave me clarity and new directions to consider….plus it was very friendly and I’ve made some great business connections through it too!“Patricia Shea - Patricia Shea designs
"BOTG exceeded my expectations – I understand and have experience with most of the topics covered but to have the time to reflect on my own plans, strategy, priorities and to receive constructive feedback and ideas from experts and people with wide experience was incredibly helpful.
I took some clear actions away – and have made a number of great connections who I can share ideas with and bounce things off."Nick Websdell - Rhythm Solutions (Risk Management)
"BOTG was a fantastic and enjoyable course. Chris and the team managed the programme incredibly well and the range of presenters ensured that there was something for everyone no matter what sort of business you have. It was great to meet fellow entrepreneurs at various stages of their own journeys and share knowledge, experience and advice. Finally, the meet the founder's section was the icing on the cake and very inspiring....I hope to be invited back as one very soon."Gary Connor - Wardwiz Limited (Cyber security)
This is an opportunity to learn from the best. Our team of advisors includes Chris Bate, who has more than 30+ years of senior level, global corporate and consultancy experience within highly competitive sports, fashion, footwear and apparel markets for brands, such as Nike, Wolverine, French Connection and Under Armour.
Analytical and professionally skilled in formulating and delivering exceptional growth and brand development strategies; leading, motivating and developing high performance teams to deliver success.
A collaborative communicator and enthusiastic influencer continually focused on building relationships and promoting synergy across business lines and units to drive positive change, cohesive, comprehensive business approaches and enhanced profitability.Chris Bate, GC Business Growth Hub