‘Business on the Go’ is a tailored programme aimed at supporting Greater Manchester based SME businesses. This fully funded programme is ideally suited to businesses situated within the eCommerce, retail/wholesale, fashion, lifestyle and consultancy service sectors.
We make it our responsibility to encourage businesses to manage themselves whilst ‘on the go’ and working remotely, from their mobiles/tablets/laptops with appropriate tools, data, dashboards and more.
This exciting programme will be delivered face-to-face from 9 Nov to 30 Nov, (six workshops in total) in central Manchester and will cover a range of topics from business strategy, digital marketing, sustainability through to finance, identifying USPs and competitive advantage.
Our interactive and engaging workshop sessions will encourage collaborative working, as well as providing an opportunity to learn from other budding entrepreneurs.
Upon providing your details, our experienced advisors will also be on hand to offer intensive one-to-one tailored support, helping you to develop your skills and build your business the right way.
As well as covering the basics of business, this fully funded programme will equip you to:
- Create an actionable marketing strategy, tailored to your business: covering digital and other forms of promotion.
- Carry out a deep dive of your business model, allowing you to create a bespoke growth strategy.
- Focus on your brand and develop the right 'image' for you and your business.
Venue: Oppidan Social, 1st Floor, 23 Edge Street, Northern Quarter, Manchester, M4 1HW
Registration to the programme is now closed.
9 Nov: Business Strategy for Growth BMC (6 hours) (09:30 – 16:30)
- Founder: the whole person, linked to growth vision and becoming aware of self-limiting beliefs etc.
- Customer segments – the importance of profiling, who is your customer and what are the core ‘characteristics’ to consider.
- Value proposition
- Customer relationships
- Revenue streams
- Cost structure
- Key resources & partners
- Growth vision – implications on business model
- Core metrics – focused and aligned for growth: interdependence of metrics
16 Nov: All Things Finance (3 Hours) (09:30 – 12:30)
- Cash Flow/Profit-Loss-Breakeven(Differentials in Business Planning/Accounting to maximise and optimise profits)
- Margin calculator
- Pricing(Greatest Profit lever)
- Digital Accounting/Dashboards and tools for Forecasting/Operations etc
16 Nov: Unique Selling Propositions/Competitive Advantages (3 Hours) (13:30 – 16:30)
- How is your business Unique
- What are your competitive advantages (& how are these delivered)
- Importance and relevance of Story telling to get the point across and make it relatable
- E-Scooter case study
23 Nov: Demystifying Sustainability and Ethical Business (3 Hours) (09:30 - 12:30) followed by
- Moving away from ethical/sustainable as a buzz word to genuine impact (Avoiding “Green Washing”)
- B Corp influence and accreditation
- Circular Sourcing
- Unintended consequences/ impacts of getting sustainability wrong – the need to look at the whole business model and cycle: (how failure to look at a certain aspect of the business could cause unintended environmental/ social damage)
- Reputational Damage
23 Nov: Maximising Online Digital Presence and Sales (3 Hours) (13:30 – 16:30)
- How to Maximise Brand Awareness (Key challenge)
- Traffic driving activities
- Target markets and consumers (Building a following) – linked to business model
- Maximising return on investment(ROI/ROA) through monitoring effectiveness and conversions.
30 Nov: Meet the Founders (3 Hours) (09:30 – 12:30)
- An opportunity to hear from founders of established online retail businesses, understand their journey and ask questions about what they’ve learned.
This programme of support is for Greater Manchester-based SME online, retail, wholesale businesses that have been trading for up to three years.
Note: attendance at all sessions is mandatory for completion of the programme
Registration to the programme is now closed.
“I think it was a really insightful course, it provided me with practical tools (margin calculation, canvas) which I use regularly, definitely is the beginning of some strong collaborations with peers in the group and helped me identify where there is opportunity to further support small brands. I think it made me more convinced that following (B Corp) people, profit, planet was the right thing for me and was fundamental to how I see the future of business.”Jo Czutkowna - Founder, I went shopping today
"BOTG has been brilliant. Although we’re all super busy, it opened an opportunity for collaboration within the group which I think is a great route forward for new and growing businesses that are struggling with budget. In addition the open dialogue and probing thinking required for the workshops was invaluable and encouraged lateral thinking around each business that wouldn’t have happened without the workshops."Jamilah Bruce - Founder Stardust and Steel
“Chris Bate has been amazing highly skilled. I feel humbled by his industry knowledge."Nicholas Jones - ET&F
Meet the Founders Session:Joie Alsono - Sophie Summer Ltd
“Absolutely love this session! Very inspiring. I feel more confident than when I walked in today. It’s nice to know that anything is possible. Thank you very much for organising”.
Paint your Canvas workshop:Joie Alonso - Sophie Summer Ltd
“Thank you so much! The exercise has streamlined my business model. Love the interaction & immediate feedback for everyone”
This is an opportunity to learn from the best. Our team of advisors includes Chris Bate, who has more than 30+ years of senior level, global corporate and consultancy experience within highly competitive sports, fashion, footwear and apparel markets for brands, such as Nike, Wolverine, French Connection and Under Armour.
Analytical and professionally skilled in formulating and delivering exceptional growth and brand development strategies; leading, motivating and developing high performance teams to deliver success.
A collaborative communicator and enthusiastic influencer continually focused on building relationships and promoting synergy across business lines and units to drive positive change, cohesive, comprehensive business approaches and enhanced profitability.Chris Bate, GC Business Growth Hub