Greater Manchester has a long and proud history of innovation and leadership, and our ambition is to ensure that this great region continues to lead the way, in the North and beyond.
Our homes, the buildings where we work, or the infrastructure that helps us to move between them − the construction sector is a crucial but often overlooked sector that is a key part of our economy and provides the backbone of the Northern Powerhouse.
Building4Growth is a business development programme, delivered in collaboration with CITB, to support SME construction businesses across Greater Manchester. It’s been created because we want to help nurture a lean, efficient, modern and vibrant sector.
The fully-funded programme is specifically designed for people who are running a small and successful B2B construction company* within a commercial environment who are now ready to scale-up their business.
We aim to help business leaders make that step-change and look into new areas of development, with a focus on winning new commercial contracts and increasing workforce capacity, so they can grow into their next phase.
Building4Growth will be a collaborative approach utilising our broad range of our specialist services and partnerships.
*Eligibility and Suitability Criteria Apply
Businesses who qualify for Building4Growth will receive input from a specialist consultancy with an outstanding track-record of working within the construction sector to support growth, new work opportunities and leadership.
Over the course of a number of structured workshops and mentoring sessions, you will receive exposure to the following:
- Harness your leadership and management skills to develop a sustainable growth strategy for your business
- An opportunity to be part of an innovative, cohort-wide project bid for substantial CITB funding which will impact industry-relevant challenges, such as skill shortages and recruitment, and leaves a lasting legacy for the industry
- Access to expert advice and guidance around tendering with some coaching/mentoring from high-profile contractors
- Peer-to-peer support and access to knowledge-sharing with fellow cohort group members
- Ongoing advice and access to a full range of other Business Growth Hub services to support you on your journey
We are now taking expressions of interest registrations for our next cohort, launching in March 2018. Please express your interest below.