Who is affected?
If you produce, manufacture, import, distribute or sell goods they must be safe for consumers.
- The minimum requirement is that products intended for consumers or reasonably likely to be used by them are safe when they are available for supply or placed on the market.
- Make sure you understand the goods you intend to provide and any specific rules you may need to follow.
- If you are a producer or distributor you are responsible for warnings and instructions required to enable consumers to use the product safely.
- Provide full contact details for your business and make them readily available.
- If you are a distributor you must monitor the safety of products you supply as well as keeping records of supply for 6 years.
- As well as general safety requirements relating to all products the following products must comply with specific regulatory and or industry requirements:
- Construction Products;
- Cosmetic Products ;
- Electrical Equipment;
- Imitation Food;
- Jewellery and metal content;
- Leather Goods
- Mini-motos and off road vehicles
- Prams & pushchairs;
- Recreational Crafts ( Boats, Jet Skis etc)
- Novelty Decorative & Ornamental Giftware (Candles, collectors items & models)
- Upholstered Furniture;