Stockport Business & Innovation Centre, Stockport, SK5 7DL
Sorry this event has already taken place - please see our forthcoming events list
With a pipeline of housing and property developments in the North West worth £6.8bn, what are the requirements, opportunities and considerations for incorporating low carbon technologies into building design and specification? The Business Growth Hub’s Green Growth service and Stockport Council are inviting architects, property developers and Greater-Manchester based SME suppliers and installers of low carbon technologies to learn about where, how and why these technologies should be specified at the building design stage.
08.30am Welcome & refreshments
09.15am Introduction from Green Growth & The Business Growth Hub
09.30am Local planning requirements – Angie Jukes, Stockport Council
09.45am Holistic design strategies for financing and implementing Low or Zero Carbon Technologies in new property developments, Brian Morris, Beverley Clifton Morris Ltd
10.05am Solar Photovoltaics – solar technology design considerations and income generation potential – Ben Nuttall, NPS Solar Ltd
10.25am Ground/Air-Source Heat Pumps - design considerations and benefits of installation – Andy Louth, Groundtherm Ltd
10.45am Coffee/tea break
11.00am Sustainable Urban Drainage Specialist- design considerations and benefits of installation – Tracy & Wayne Langford, Langford Direct Ltd T/A Sudstech
11.20am Biomass technologies Specialist- design considerations and benefits of installation – Robin Raymond, AFS Biomass Ltd.
11.40am Q&A /Closing remarks
12.00pm Networking Opportunity
12:30am Event close
Who should attend?
Are you involved in:
- Property development
- Building design
- Meeting sustainability targets & goals
- Renewable Energy
- Sustainable building technologies
- Understand what Stockport Council’s requirements are for incorporating sustainable technologies into building design?
- Know what the considerations, challenges and opportunities are for specifying and installing low carbon and sustainable building technologies?
- Understand what technologies are available on the market from suppliers within Greater Manchester and their real-world application?
- Want to increase the uptake and profile of low carbon and sustainable building technologies?
- Want to claim time towards your CPD accreditation? - Presentations from Langford Direct Ltd and AFS Biomass Ltd only