Who is the service for?
The Workforce Development Programme is aimed at businesses across Greater Manchester who want to explore ways of growing their businesses by developing their people.
About the service
The service is designed to help businesses develop their people at all levels of the organisation.
It offers a tailored package of support facilitated by one of the Hub’s dedicated workforce development advisors. The process starts with a review of the business to help identify areas for improvement and ways in which investing in the workforce can help grow a business.
Potential areas of focus can include:
- A review of the organisational structure
- An assessment of the values, behaviours and business culture
- How to lead, motivate and empower the workforce
- People and performance management
- Developing workforce communication strategies
- Workforce and succession planning
- Building capability through training
- Talent attraction, acquisition and retention
- Change Management
- Information around workforce legislation
This service is available to all eligible businesses in Greater Manchester, however, it also provides additional support to companies that are considering, or already working towards, Investors in People (IIP) accreditation.
The service also compliments the Hub’s Executive Development programme which works with business leaders.