With LinkedIn set to create more jobs in Greater Manchester we wanted to give you our top 10 tips for using LinkedIn.
With LinkedIn set to create more jobs in Greater Manchester following its partnership with Greater Manchester Combined Authority, called #ProjectManchester, we wanted to give you our top 10 tips for using LinkedIn.
- Put a face to a name. The latest statistics on LinkedIn show that you are 11 times more likely to have your profile viewed if you have a picture.
- Highlight your expertise. A great way to connect with people is by positioning yourself as an expert in your industry, promoting yourself as the go to person for advice and opportunities.
- Optimise your profile for search. Hundreds of millions of people search LinkedIn everyday, so including keywords is essential to getting yourself noticed.
- Post consistently. By keeping content consistently flowing you’ll be demonstrating your expertise, along with ensuring your SEO remains high.
- Be savvy about who you can connect with (and who you don’t). LinkedIn isn’t Facebook or Twitter, it is better to have a smaller professional network than a large incoherent one.
- Make your messages personal. People like connecting with people rather than a robot so let the person know why you are connecting with them and what your interests are.
- Fill out your entire page. This sounds obvious, but it’s surprising how many people leave spaces blank.
- Customise your public profile URL. An easy to share URL makes you easily recognisable rather than a long list of complications.
- Add, remove, and rearrange entire sections of your profile. Always bring your biggest highlight to the top of the page whether this be your experience, skills etc.
- Turn your LinkedIn into a resume. LinkedIn is principally about job seeking so make sure your LinkedIn reflects your CV.
#ProjectManchester will be running from the 16th - 26th June to find out more click here - https://manchester.linkedin.com/